Tuesday, September 15, 2009

" The more things change, the more they stay the same..."


Hello world! I know it's been a good lil minute since my last post, but I've been busy doing things...lol! Anyway, yesterday was my brother's 25th birthday,and it turned out to be a blast! We had a lil get together for him....and we were on cloud 9 the whole time! It wasn't too many people tho, just the regular crew and some surprise guest. Okay let me start off by saying that It's people that I use to hang tight with back in the day but I let them go because at the end of the day, they were not the type of crowd that I associated myself with. One of those people is my very own cousin. I won't name names, but if you know me personally, then you know who im talking about! Anyway as the lil bash got under way, guess who decides to pop up at the house....MY COUSIN! We have not seen or talk to each other in about a year in a half, well at least not in person. So he walks in the door and I was on the hush mouth for about a good 30 minutes! I had mixed feelings the whole night because I told myself that I would never ever hang with,talk to, or associate myself with him for as long as my life expanded, but it was my brothers birthday and I decided that it was time out for the drama just for one night. Even tho I didn't want him there, I was oddly glad to see him, I mean back in the day, we use to have so so so much fun. Where ever you saw me, you saw him. We was just that close. Over the years however, I came to the realization that he was never there for me. He was very vindictive,coniving, and envious. He has done alot of trifiling things back in the day and I didn't want to deal with it anymore so that's how our bond fell apart. Anyway after a few wine coolers, and a few jiggas, I let it all go. We started joking around,playing cards, and talking about the good times we use to have. All in all, we had a good time, and I really enjoyed myself. Just for that night, it felt good that we could still talk and keep it cute. I never was mad at him, I just didn't want to be around him because he always brung me down emotionally and I hate that feeling, especially when it comes from family. I still feel the same way about him, and I still don't want it to be an everyday thing with us hanging together because in the back of my mind, I know that he still isn't my cup of Tea. I'll always have love for him because he's my blood cousin, but as far as hanging out.....I'll pass. Do you think im wrong in anyway for feeling this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment